Gato Barbieri - Caliente! album download
Caliente! (LP, Album, RP, Ter). Previous releases by Mr. Barbieri were excelent, released without too much commercial potential, but, anyway, they sold great -and they launched Barbieri into global fame. But don't judge this so early. And fully released in America and Europa. But, instead of being a cheesy pop-infected record, this is a really DIVINE one. Gato Barbieri was capable in here to do something that few could in that era: to blend his own style into (some) pop tunes, without sounding crappy
Customers who bought this item also bought. The album on which a fire-breathing revolutionary transformed himself into a smooth Latin love man, under the guidance of producer Herb Alpert and associate producer Michelle (Mrs. Gato) Barbieri. The rhythm tracks are tight and funky in a facile '70s fuzak sort of way, and Jay Chattaway's CTI-inspired orchestrations sound dated and corny. The arrangements conspire to stifle the Third World scream in Barbieri's raw and impassioned tenor sax tone.
Caliente! is a latin jazz music album recording by GATO BARBIERI released in 1976 on CD, LP/Vinyl and/or cassette. Filed under Latin Jazz By GATO BARBIERI. A1 Fireflies 5:28 A2 Fiesta 5:07 A3 Europa (Earth's Cry Heaven's Smile) 4:27 A4 Don't Cry Rochelle 4:55 A5 Adios - Part I 0:33 B1 I Want You 5:53 B2 Behind The Rain 5:37 B3 Los Desperados 6:15 B4 Adios - Part II 0:59.
Leandro "Gato" Barbieri (28 November 1932 – 2 April 2016) was an Argentine jazz tenor saxophonist who rose to fame during the free jazz movement in the 1960s and is known for his Latin jazz recordings of the 1970s. His nickname, Gato, is Spanish for "cat". Born to a family of musicians, Barbieri began playing music after hearing Charlie Parker's "Now's the Time". He played the clarinet and later the alto saxophone while performing with the Argentinean pianist Lalo Schifrin in the late 1950s
Request an album send to friend. Gato Barbieri - Caliente! Release date: 1976.
2014 саундтрек к фильму. Sergio Mihanovich feat. Gato Barbieri, Gato Barbieri, Sergio Mihanovich. Caliente! Gato Barbieri. Chapter Three: Viva Emiliano Zapata. Reel Love - The Cinematic Romance Album. The City of Prague Philarmonic Orchestra. LRC Jazz Legacy Anthology (Volume 5): Time Remembered. The Colors of Latin Jazz: Música Romántica.
Listen free to Gato Barbieri – Caliente! (Fireflies, Fiesta and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.
All formats Album CD CD Album CD Single CD Maxi Vinyl records LP 7 inchs 7 inchs (SP) 7 inchs (EP) 12 inchs 78 rpm 10 inchs DVD VHS Cassette Clothing T-Shirt Others. Gato barbieri caliente.
|A3||Europa (Earth's Cry Heaven's Smile)||4:27|
|A4||Don't Cry Rochelle||4:55|
|A5||Adios - Part I||0:33|
|B1||I Want You||5:53|
|B2||Behind The Rain||5:37|
|B4||Adios - Part II||0:59|
- Recorded At – A&R Studios
- Mastered At – A&M Studios
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Terre Haute
- Artwork – Chuck Beeson, Roland Young
- Bass – Gary King
- Drums – Lenny White
- Engineer – Don Hahn
- Engineer [Assistant] – Dave Smith , Tom Bush
- Guitar – David Spinozza, Eric Gale, Joe Beck
- Keyboards – Eddy Martinez
- Keyboards, Synthesizer – Don Grolnick
- Liner Notes, Tenor Saxophone, Arranged By – Gato Barbieri
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Orchestrated By – Jay Chattaway
- Percussion – Cachete Maldonado*, Mtume*, Ralph MacDonald
- Photography By – Bill King , Raúl Vega*
- Producer – Herb Alpert
- Producer [Associate] – Michelle Barbieri
- Strings – Alan Shulman, Alfred Brown, Charles McCracken, David Nadien, Harold Kohon, Harry Cykman, Harry Glickman, Harry Lookofsky, Matthew Raimondi, Max Ellen, Max Polikoff*, Paul Gershman, Theodore Israel
- Trombone – David Taylor, Paul Faulise, Wayne Andre
- Trumpet – Bernie Glow, Irvin Markowitz*, Marvin Stamm, Randy Brecker
- Written-By – Arthur Ross (tracks: B1), Devadip Carlos Santana* (tracks: A3), Gato Barbieri (tracks: A1, A2, A4, A5, B3, B4), Herb Alpert (tracks: B2), Leon Ware (tracks: B1), Tom Coster (tracks: A3)
NotesDistinguishing features for this submission:
White A & M, 1975-1986. labels
Started with SP 4500 series.
Pressed using Monarch stamp plate used on Gato Barbieri - Caliente!.
Pressed by .Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Terre Haute, IN
Pressing is IDed by the etched T in the deadwax.
There are Monarch IDs as well on side B, one of which has been scratched out- the delta matrix.
The etched matrix on both sides including the T match each other.
Recorded at A&R Studios RI. New York.
Mastered at A&M Studios, Hollywood, California
Lenny White appears courtesy of Nemperor Records,
Randy Becker appears courtesy of Arista Records,
Eric Gale appears courtesy of Columbia Records.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side A): (SP-4929)
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side B): (SP-4930)
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side A Etched. / Stamped): T A&M SP4929-T1 /1
- Matrix / Runout (Runout Side B Etched, / Stamped): A&M SP4930-M2 (MR) △̶2̶1̶2̶1̶8̶-̶X̶ /
- Pressing Plant ID (Runout Side A Etched): T
|SP-4597||Gato Barbieri||Caliente! (LP, Album, Mon)||A&M Records||SP-4597||US||1976|
|394 597-2||Gato Barbieri||Caliente! (CD, Album, RE)||A&M Records||394 597-2||USA & Europe||Unknown|
|SP-4597||Gato Barbieri||Caliente! (LP, Album, RE)||A&M Records||SP-4597||US||Unknown|
|CD 3247||Gato Barbieri||Caliente! (CD, Album, RE)||A&M Records||CD 3247||US||Unknown|
|SLAM 64597||Gato Barbieri||Caliente! (LP, Album)||A&M Records||SLAM 64597||Italy||1976|