Brahms - Sir Charles Mackerras, Scottish Chamber Orchestra - Symphony No. 1 / Academic Festival Overture album download
Brahms - Symphonies - Mackerras/CD 1/Symphony No. 1 & Academic Festival Overture. Brahms - Symphonies - Mackerras/CD 1/CDImage-1. Brahms - Symphonies - Mackerras/CD 3/ - . 0. Brahms - Symphonies - Mackerras/CD 3/CDImage-3. Brahms - Symphonies - Mackerras/CD 2/Scottish Chamber Orchestra Brahms The Four Symphonies (Disk 2. og - .
Release group information. Artist: Brahms; Scottish Chamber Orchestra, Sir Charles Mackerras.
Brahms: Symphony No. 1 in C minor, Op. 68, Academic Festival Overture, Op. 80 Audio CD. Johannes Brahms. The exciting sonorities make even the Academic Festival Overture an edge of the seat experience. Throughout, Mackerras's lively tempi (themselves historically supported), the fabulous playing of the Scottish Chamber Orchestra and Telarc's top quality recording combine to offer the most exciting recorded performances of these works I have heard. Just a single coincident pair of microphones were used, so giving a completely honest picture of the performances
The Scottish Chamber Orchestra (SCO) is an Edinburgh-based UK chamber orchestra. One of Scotland's five National Performing Arts Companies, the SCO performs throughout Scotland, including annual tours of the Scottish Highlands and Islands and South of Scotland. The SCO appears regularly at the Edinburgh, East Neuk, St Magnus and Aldeburgh Festivals and The Proms. The SCO's international touring receives support from the Scottish Government. The SCO rehearses mainly at Edinburgh's Queen's Hall.
Academic Festival Overture. Symphony No. 2 In D Major, O. 3. 2-1. Allegro Non Troppo. Orchestra – Scottish Chamber Orchestra. Producer – James Mallinson. Supervised By – Elaine Martone. Playing Time: 36 minutes 12 seconds. 24-page booklet with notes in English, French and German.
Album · 2000 · 31 Songs. Overture (Suite) No. 2 in B minor, BWV 1067: III. Sarabande. By Johann Sebastian Bach - Helmuth Rilling & Oregon Bach Festival Orchestra. Violin Concerto in G minor, Op. 9, No. 3, RV 334: III. Largo. By Antonio Vivaldi - Sulamit Haecki & Ensemble La Partita.
|Symphony No. 1 In C Minor, Op.68|
|1||Un Poco Sostenuto - Allegro||15:29|
|3||Un Poco Allegretto E Grazioso||4:16|
|4||Adagio - Allegro Non Troppo, Ma Con Brio||16:31|
|5||Alternative Movement II. Initial Performing Version Of The Second Movement||8:35|
|6||Academic Festival Overture. Op. 80||9:40|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Telarc
- Copyright (c) – Telarc
- Manufactured By – DADC Austria
- Recorded At – Usher Hall, Edinburgh
- Art Direction – Anilda Carrasquillo
- Composed By – Johannes Brahms
- Conductor – Sir Charles Mackerras
- Design [Cover] – Susan Azzarello
- Edited By – Rosalind Ilett
- Engineer [Recording] – Jack Renner, Tony Faulkner
- Executive-Producer – Robert Woods
- Liner Notes – Michael Murray , Robert Pascall
- Liner Notes [French Translation] – Patricia Dussaux
- Liner Notes [German Translation] – Silke Cathrin Zimmermann
- Orchestra – Scottish Chamber Orchestra
- Producer [Recording] – James Mallinson
- Supervised By [Production Supervisor] – Elaine Martone
- Technician [Technical Assistance] – Martin Atkinson
NotesRecorded in Usher Hall, Edinburgh, Scotland, January 6-11 and 27-30, 1997.
Total Playing Time = 63:50.
Made in Austria.
Printed in USA.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 089408046322
- SPARS Code: DDD