Wooden Wand - Death Seat album download
Wooden Wand: Death Seat. And this pattern continues in October with the release of 'Death Seat', the latest release from James Jackson Toth, better known to the music world as Wooden Wand.
Death Seat, as recorded in Murfreesboro, feels like Toth's attempt to regroup and realign. Haunted but healing, it's the sort of LP Nashville's little brother might make. From the professional drum shuffle of "Tiny Confessions" to the gentle, restrained harmonies and piano chords of "Sleepwalking After Midnight", it shines with a certain casual polish. Honestly, it's probably the version Toth should have released, at least if he delights in the prospect of commercial success.
That remains true on this outing, which is the first Wooden Wand album to appear on Michael Gira's boutique label Young God Records. In the past, the label has been known for freak-folk linchpin Devendra Banhart's neo-hippie musings, but while the Wooden Wand style remains an organic, lo-fi, acoustic-based sound, Toth is nobody's hippie.
7. I Wanna Make A Difference. Death Seat (LP, Album). Death Seat (CD, Album, Promo).
Artists Wooden Wand Death Seat. Death Seat Wooden Wand. This album has an average beat per minute of 120 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 84/156 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. Tracklist Death Seat. BPM Profile Death Seat. Album starts at 122BPM, ends at 112BPM (-10), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Wooden Wand.
Wooden Wand is the stage name of singer-songwriter James Jackson Toth, who has recorded under his given name as well as the name WAND. The style of music recorded by Toth and his many incarnations has drawn on a variety of both conventional and experimental folk and rock influences, including psychedelic folk, freak folk and indie
James Jackson Toth, AKA Wooden Wand, is your fearless friend, the stumbling guy who gets himself into incredibly fucked up situations but comes out shining and lives to tell about it, entertaining you safely and immensely. You should be grateful. In my view, he's a great American songwriter in full bloom. Sample this album Artist (Sample).
This is perhaps one of Wooden Wand better records to date. This is such a solid listen if you seeking some folk/Americana genre. With his 2010 record "Death seat" wooden ward aka James Jackson Toth presents his personal demons and his troubling self-image through blissful acoustic guitars and depressing themes. Or consider a donation?
|A1||Sleepwalking After Midnight||4:04|
|A3||Servant To Blues||2:50|
|A5||I Made You||3:45|
|B2||I Wanna Make A Difference||2:23|
- Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Vocals, Written-By – James Jackson Toth*
- Cello – Casey Kaufman
- Double Bass – Spencer Duncan
- Drums, Percussion – Tyler Coppage
- Electric Bass – Bingham Barnes
- Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar – Joey Kneiser
- Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Piano – William Tyler
- Electric Guitar, Vocals – Caleb Mulkerin
- Fiddle – Andrew Mosiman
- Mastered By – Kevin Mcmahon
- Mixed By – Kevin McMahon , Michael Gira
- Piano, Electric Bass, Electric Guitar – DM Seidel
- Producer – Michael Gira
- Recorded By – Joey Kneiser, Stephen Goose Trageser
- Steel Guitar [Pedal], Resonator Guitar, Organ, Electric Piano, Vocals – Brian Lowery
- Theremin, Mandolin, Percussion – Kenny Siegal
- Vocals – Colleen Kinsella, Kerry Kennedy, Siobhan Duffy
NotesRecorded at the Haunted Mansion, Murfreesboro, TN, January 2 - 10, 2010 and at Old Soul Studios, Catskill, NY, January 16 - 17, 2010.
All Songs by James Jackson Toth.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 658457004418
|YG44||Wooden Wand||Death Seat (CD, Album, Dig)||Young God Records||YG44||US||2010|
|YG44||Wooden Wand||Death Seat (CD, Album, Promo)||Young God Records||YG44||US||2010|