Australian Crawl - The Boys Light Up album download
This is the original album version of the title track off the debut LP by one of the most vibrant and successful Aussie bands of the decade: Australian Crawl. After their first single 'Beautiful People' made the charts (should have been a much bigger hit), the band issued the long player: 'The Boys Light Up'. A fantastic mix of clever lyrics, organic rock and roll and some savvy pop sensibilities, Australian Crawl would be instantly taken into the hearts and minds and collections of local audiences and fans. Helped along by the tv appearances and the good looking image the.
Lyrics to "The Boys Light Up" song by Australian Crawl: Let me tell you about my mountain home Where all the ladies names are Joan Where husbands work ba. .Let me tell you about my mountain home Where all the ladies names are Joan Where husbands work back late at night Hopes are up for trousers down With hostess on a business flight Taxi in a Mercedes drive I hope that driver's coming out alive The garden is a dorsetted That lady - she's so corseted She's got 15 ways. to lead that boy astray He thinks he's one and only But that lovely she's so lonely She pumps him full of breakfast and she sends him on his way What a sing song dance What a performance What a cheap tent show Oh no no no no no.
The Boys Light Up reached No. 4 on the Australian album charts and remained in the charts for an unbroken 101 weeks. It sold five times platinum: over 280,000 copies, and became one of the biggest Australian albums of the 1980s. gwriter Guy McDonough (ex-The Flatheads and Bill's younger brother) joined the group in.
The Boys Light Up. This song is by Australian Crawl and appears on the album The Boys Light Up (1980) and on the album Semantics (1984). I want to tell you about my mountain homeWhere all the ladies' names are JoanWhere husband works back late at nightHopes are up for trousers down with a hostess on a business flight. Taxi in a Mercedes driveI hope that driver's coming out aliveThe garden it is Dorseted, that lady she's so corsetedShe's got fifteen ways to lead that boy astray.
After their 1980 debut album, The Boys Light Up reached Australian Crawl had two albums; 1981's Sirocco and 1982's Sons of Beaches. Their early singles reached the top 25 but none broke into the Top Ten; their best performing single was hit "Reckless" which showed a more mature approach than earlier hits, and came from their. Currently we only support YouTube videos, but we will be adding other video (and audio!) services in the near future.
Artists Australian Crawl The Boys Light Up. The Boys Light Up Australian Crawl. The Boys Light Up. 1980. This album has an average beat per minute of 127 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 98/166 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. BPM Profile The Boys Light Up. Album starts at BPM, ends at 140BPM (+140), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Australian Crawl.
Album: The Boys Light Up (1980). Get the Sheet Music License This Song. Let me tell you about my mountain home Where all the ladies names are Joan Where husbands work back late at night Hopes are up for trousers down With hostess on a business flight Taxi in a Mercedes drive I hope that driver's coming out alive The garden is a dorsetted That lady she's so corseted She's got 15 ways. Then the boys light up Then the.
|1||My Coffee's Gone Cold||3:27|
|3||Way I've Been||2:17|
|8||Walk My Way||2:41|
|9||The Boys Light Up||4:38|
|12||Hoochie Gucci Fiorucci Mama||2:28|
- Distributed By – EMI Music Group Australasia
- Manufactured By – EMI Music Group Australasia
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – EMI Records Australia
- Copyright (c) – EMI Records Australia
- Recorded At – AAV
- Mixed At – AAV
- Published By – Wheatley Music Pty. Ltd.
- Backing Vocals – Mal Stainton
- Bass, Vocals – Paul Williams
- Design [Australian Crawl Lettering] – Ian McCausland
- Drums, Percussion, Vocals – Bill McDonough
- Engineer – Ross Cockle
- Guitar, Vocals – Brad Robinson
- Keyboards – Eddie Rayner, Keith McKay, Mal Logan, Peter Jones
- Lead Guitar, Slide Guitar, Vocals – Simon Binks
- Percussion – Derek Pellicci
- Photography By [Inner Sleeve] – Chris Batson
- Photography By, Other [Album Concept] – Graeme Webber, Refurb Studios
- Producer – David Briggs
- Saxophone – Bill Harrower
- Vocals, Harmonica – James Reyne
- Written-By – B. McDonough* (tracks: 5, 7), B. Robinson* (tracks: 3, 7, 8), D. Briggs* (tracks: 12), G. McDonough* (tracks: 5), J. Reyne* (tracks: 2, 4, 6, 7-10, 12), J. Robinson* (tracks: 3, 7), Hudson* (tracks: 6), S. Higgins* (tracks: 5), S. Binks* (tracks: 1, 10, 11)
NotesAll compositions Wheatley Music Pty Ltd
©℗ 1980 EMI Records Australia
Visually identical to Australian Crawl - The Boys Light Up, but this version does not have SID codes.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 77778 01982 4
- Barcode (Scanned): 077778019824
- Matrix / Runout: AUS 7801985 S3413P
|EMX 102, EMX-102, EMX.102||Australian Crawl||The Boys Light Up (LP, Album)||EMI, EMI, EMI||EMX 102, EMX-102, EMX.102||Australia||1980|
|EMX 102||Australian Crawl||The Boys Light Up (LP, Album)||EMI||EMX 102||New Zealand||1980|
|EMC 170||Australian Crawl||The Boys Light Up (LP, Album)||EMI||EMC 170||New Zealand||1980|
|780198 2||Australian Crawl||The Boys Light Up (CD, Album, RE)||EMI||780198 2||Australia||2008|
|780198 2||Australian Crawl||The Boys Light Up (CD, Album, RE)||EMI||780198 2||Australia||Unknown|