Blind Guardian - Nightfall In Middle-Earth album download
Nightfall in Middle-Earth is the sixth full-length studio album by German power metal band Blind Guardian. It was released on April 28, 1998, through Virgin Records. It is a concept album based upon J. R. Tolkien's The Silmarillion, a book of tales from the First Age of Middle-earth, recounting the War of the Jewels. The cover represents Lúthien dancing in front of Morgoth.
The mixture of medieval music patterns and modern patterns of power metal helped to be created a jewel in the crown of Metal in general. The lyrics,also,were dedicated to the master of fairytale of modern times, . olkien. The album has many very heavy and speed songs (Into the Storm,Mirror Mirror,Time Stands Still et. and the preludes of them give to the listener the essence of being in the mystical paths of Middle-Earth
Author Notes : A 2012 Remastered Version of the album "Nightfall In Middle-Earth (1998)". Note that intros & speeches are missing to this one. Really worth the listen!
Exclusively for Prime members. Covering the War of the Jewels from . Tolkien's The Silmarillion, Blind Guardian composed a incredible album that combines a thrilling setting in Middle Earth with their signature power/speed metal sound. It is a concept album that ties together each of the songs with brief narrations to help tell the story.
About Nightfall in Middle-earth. Nightfall in Middle-earth Q&A. Producers Flemming Rasmussen. More Blind Guardian albums. Beyond the Red Mirror. Show all albums by Blind Guardian.
Nightfall In Middle Earth paints a picture within the listeners head of a war-torn land filled with tyrants, kings, armies, monsters, mystical creatures, and other factions which, of course, bear heavy fantasy influences. The story behind this album is almost too much for someone to swallow in one sitting, with lots of text and background story to be read in the book contained in the CD case. What makes this album simply the best power metal record of the last ten years is how Blind Guardian take this wild, out-there concept and refine it to an album which plays out like an epic fantasy motion picture. They utilize nearly every instrument in their arsenal to it’s fullest potential, putting energy and emotion into this album which is simply unrivaled within the genre.
|1||War Of Wrath||1:50|
|2||Into The Storm||4:25|
|6||The Curse Of Feanor||5:42|
|10||Face The Truth||0:24|
|11||Noldor (Dead Winter Reigns)||6:52|
|12||Battle Of Sudden Flame||0:43|
|13||Time Stands Still (At The Iron Hill)||4:54|
|14||The Dark Elf||0:23|
|17||Nom The Wise||0:34|
|18||When Sorrow Sang||4:26|
|19||Out On The Water||0:44|
|21||A Dark Passage||6:01|
|22||Final Chapter (Thus Ends...)||0:51|
|23||Harvest Of Sorrow||3:40|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Virgin Music
- Copyright (c) – Virgin Music
- Marketed By – EMI
- Distributed By – EMI
- Recorded At – Twilight Hall Studios
- Recorded At – Karo Musikstudio, Brackel
- Recorded At – Sweet Silence Studios
- Mixed At – Sweet Silence Studios
- Record Company – EMI Music Germany GmbH & Co. KG
- Pressed By – EDC, Germany – 53613225
- Artwork [Dragon Guitar Art] – Leo Hao
- Bass, Bass [Fretless] – Oliver Holzwarth (tracks: 1 to 22)
- Choir – Billy King (tracks: 1 to 22), Olaf Senkbeil (tracks: 1 to 22), Rolf Köhler (tracks: 1 to 22), Thomas Hackmann (tracks: 1 to 22)
- Cover, Painting [Story Paintings] – Andreas Marschall
- Design – Dennis 'Sir' Kostroman*, Nikolay 'Dr. Venom' Simkin*
- Drums, Percussion – Thomas Stauch
- Flute, Flute [Alto] – Max Zelzner (tracks: 1 to 22)
- Grand Piano – Michael Schüren (tracks: 1 to 22)
- Keyboards, Effects [Orchestral] – Mathias Wiesner (tracks: 1 to 22)
- Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Acoustic Guitar – Andre Olbrich*
- Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals – Hansi Kürsch
- Liner Notes – Michael Kensen (tracks: 1 to 22)
- Lyrics By, Written-By [Concept Stories] – H. Kürsch*
- Music By – Olbrich*, Kürsch*, Siepen* (tracks: 6), Schüren* (tracks: 16), Stauch* (tracks: 6)
- Narrator – Douglas Fielding (tracks: 1 to 22), Norman Eshley (tracks: 1 to 22)
- Photography By – Thorsten Eichhorst
- Recorded By [Drums, Percussion, Vocals, Backing Vocals, Bass Guitars, Piano, Interludes], Engineer [Mixing], Mixed By [Interludes] – Charlie Bauerfeind (tracks: 1 to 22)
- Recorded By [Flutes & Alto-flute, Vocals], Engineer – Cuny (tracks: 1 to 22)
- Recorded By [Lead & Rhythm Guitars, Acoustic Guitars, Keyboard & Orchestral Effects], Engineer [Mixing] – Piet Sielck (tracks: 1 to 22)
- Recorded By [Vocals], Engineer [Mixing], Mixed By – Flemming Rasmussen (tracks: 1 to 22)
- Recorded By, Mixed By, Producer – Charlie Bauerfeind (tracks: 23)
- Remastered By – Wolfgang Eller
- Rhythm Guitar – Marcus Siepen
NotesOriginally released in 1998.
Track 23 is a bonus track.
Based on the story The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien.
This album is dedicated to J.R.R. Tolkien.
Recorded at Twilight Hall Studios, Krefeld, Karo Musik Studios, Brackel (HH, Germany) & Sweet Silence Studios (Copenhagen, Denmark) from September 1997 - March 1998 except:
Piano recorded at Vox Studios, HH, Germany in January 1998,
Narration recorded at Air edel-Studios, London.
Mixed at Sweet Silence Studios, Copenhagen, Denmark.
Packaging: jewel case
Total playing time: 65 mins, 31 secs
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 94639 65202 0
- Barcode (Scanned): 094639652020
- Matrix / Runout: [4x Universal logo] 00946 396 520-2 01 # 53613225
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LZ87
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0147
- Matrix / Runout: MADE IN GERMANY BY EDC B
- Rights Society: bel BIEM
- Label Code: LC 03098
|7243 8 45899 2 9, 724384589929||Blind Guardian||Nightfall In Middle-Earth (CD, Album)||Virgin, Virgin||7243 8 45899 2 9, 724384589929||Europe||1998|
|NEMS 50||Blind Guardian||Nightfall In Middle-Earth (CD, Album)||NEMS Enterprises||NEMS 50||Argentina||1998|
|27361 43271||Blind Guardian||Nightfall In Middle-Earth (2xLP, Album, Ltd, RE, RM, Bi-)||Nuclear Blast||27361 43271||Europe||2018|
|7243 8 45899 2 9||Blind Guardian||Nightfall In Middle-Earth (CDr, Album, Ltd, Unofficial)||Virgin||7243 8 45899 2 9||Russia||2001|
|0946 3 96520 2 0||Blind Guardian||Nightfall In Middle-Earth (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Virgin||0946 3 96520 2 0||Europe||2007|