Jimi Hendrix - Machine Gun: The Fillmore East First Show 12/31/1969 album download
Band of Gypsys famously played a total of four shows 12/31/69 and 1/1/70 at the Fillmore East (two shows each night). This is the complete first set from the first night; their debut live show. Although the original Band of Gypsys album was compiled from the second night, it wasn't because there weren't amazing performances to choose from on the first night
Recorded at Fillmore East, New York City, December 31, 1969. The brilliant guitarist made only three studio albums until his death in 1970, but still know record companies since then time and time again with ' new ' work. New in quotes because often it is old wine in new bottles. After all, there are many rock enthusiasts who with Sinterklaas and Christmas again make a wish list. And music of Hendrix is always good. Machine Gun contains a concert that gave the guitarist with his Band of Gypsys in The Fillmore East on new year's Eve in 1969
The separation on my B&W speakers is excellent. The experience Hendrix pressings, in general, have been very satisfying. They did Jimi proud and it is great that copies can be had for a good price. Reply Notify me 2 Helpful. Fantastic sounding production, very clean and crisp, lots of audio separation.
Hendrix debuted "Machine Gun" in September 1969 in a performance on The Dick Cavett Show. He was backed by drummer Mitch Mitchell, bassist Cox, and conga player Juma Sultan, who along with Larry Lee and Jerry Velez, performed at Woodstock as "Gypsy Sun and Rainbows". At about two and a half minutes, it is the shortest known performance of the song. Later releases vary from ten to twenty minutes. Retrieved November 27, 2016.
Machine Gun Jimi Hendrix The Fillmore East 12/31/1969 (First Show). I have that, and very nice it is too, although it’s a 5″x5″ Clam-Box. The Fillmore concerts have been well-mined by Experience Hendrix of course, in addition to the official album there has been the 2-CD set, and the excellent DVD features further selections
The group played four historic concerts at the Fillmore East in New York City – two on New Year’s Eve 1969, and two on New Year’s Day 1970. The vast majority of the performances have never seen the light of day in any configuration. Lover Man. Hear My Train A Comin’.
co Singles & Albums. Machine Gun: Fillmore East First Show 12/31/1969. HISTORIC PERFORMANCE. Enter the url below of the most international release on MusicBrainz. Its not possible to enter the url of a release group.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Power Of Soul||5:30|
|A3||Hear My Train A Coming||9:06|
Lead Vocals – Buddy Miles
Lead Vocals – Buddy MilesWritten-By – Jerry Ragovoy, Mort Shuman
Written-By – Elmore James
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Experience Hendrix
- Copyright (c) – Experience Hendrix
- Published By – Experience Hendrix, L.L.C.
- Licensed To – Sony Music Entertainment
- Distributed By – Sony Music Entertainment
- Produced For – Experience Hendrix, L.L.C.
- Mixed At – LAFX Studios
- Mastered At – Bernie Grundman Mastering
- Pressed By – Quality Record Pressings
- Bass, Backing Vocals – Billy Cox
- Design – Phil Yarnall, Smay Design
- Drums, Backing Vocals – Buddy Miles
- Engineer [Assistant] – Chandler Harrod, Spencer Guerra
- Engineer, Mixed By – Eddie Kramer
- Guitar, Vocals – Jimi Hendrix
- Lacquer Cut By – BG*
- Liner Notes – David Fricke
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Photography By – Douglas Kent Hall, Jan Blom , Jim Cummins
- Photography By, Cover – Alan Herr
- Producer – Eddie Kramer, Janie Hendrix, John McDermott
- Research – Barry Gruber, Jacob McMurray, Steve Pesant
- Written-By – Jimi Hendrix (tracks: A1 to B3, C2, D1, D2)
Released in gatefold sleeve with 8 page booklet.
Numbered on back cover
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 889853541713
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side A): 88985354171 A BG
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side B): 88985354171 B BG
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side C): 88985354171 C BG
- Matrix / Runout (Runout, Side D): 88983534171 D BG
- Other (Sticker): 88983534171S1
|88985354171||Jimi Hendrix||Machine Gun: The Fillmore East First Show 12/31/1969 (2xLP, Album)||Experience Hendrix, Legacy||88985354171||US||2016|
|88985354162||Jimi Hendrix||Machine Gun: The Fillmore East First Show 12/31/1969 (CD, Album)||Sony Music, Experience Hendrix, Legacy||88985354162||UK & Europe||2016|
|88985354162||Jimi Hendrix||Machine Gun: The Fillmore East First Show 12/31/1969 (CD, Album, Dig)||Experience Hendrix, Legacy, Sony Music||88985354162||Brazil||2016|
|none||Jimi Hendrix||Machine Gun: Live At The Fillmore East 12/31/1969 (First Show - Remaster) (11xFile, FLAC, 24b)||Legacy||none||Germany||2016|
|88985354171||Jimi Hendrix||Machine Gun: The Fillmore East First Show 12/31/1969 (2xLP, Album)||Experience Hendrix, Sony Music, Legacy||88985354171||Europe||2016|