Billy Joel - 52nd Street album download
52nd Street is the sixth studio album by American singer-songwriter Billy Joel, released in 1978. The follow-up to his breakthrough success album, The Stranger, Joel tried to give the album a fresh sound, hiring various jazz musicians to make it feel differentiated from his previous album efforts. It was the first of four Joel albums to top the Billboard charts, and it earned him two Grammys.
52nd Street is the sixth studio album by American singer-songwriter Billy Joel, released on October 13, 1978. It was the first of four Joel albums to top the Billboard charts and earned him two Grammys (for a total of four). Three songs reached the Top 40 in the United States, contributing to the album's success: "My Life" ( "Big Shot" ( and "Honesty" (.It was similarly well received by critics, earning the 1979 Grammy for Album of the Year. This Grammy was presented to its producer, Phil Ramone. Half a Mile Away" – 4:08. Until the Night" – 6:35.
52nd Street features a number of prominent guest musicians including Peter Cetera and Donnie Dacus from Chicago (background vocals), Freddie Hubbard (flugelhorn and trumpet), Ralph MacDonald (percussion), Eric Gale, Steve Khan, and David Spinozza (guitars). The album is another artistic and commercial tour de force for the prolific singer/songwriter from Hicksville, Long Island, NY, yielding several of Billy Joel’s most popular and loved songs
52nd Street" brings us to a full proper jazz style with some beating drums and some bass work that pumps the song along. Billy's vocals are more raspy here and very jazzy, another amazing vocal performance. I reckon this is a great ending to the album with a great jazz song that has so much class on it and the song on it's own is very slick, it could have been a bit longer though. After "The Stranger", this is Billy's 2nd best album off all 12 studio albums that Billy has done.
|7||Half A Mile Away||4:06|
|8||Until The Night||6:35|
- Manufactured By – Columbia Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Impulsive Music
- Recorded At – A&R Studios
- Mixed At – A&R Studios
- Mixed At – Sony Music Studios, New York City
- Remastered At – Sterling Sound
- Acoustic Guitar – David Spinozza (tracks: 2)
- Backing Vocals – Babi Floyd (tracks: 7), Donnie Dacus (tracks: 3), Frank Floyd (tracks: 7), Milt Grayson (tracks: 7), Peter Cetera (tracks: 3), Ray Simpson (tracks: 7), Zach Sanders* (tracks: 7)
- Bass, Backing Vocals – Doug Stegmeyer
- Chimes [Orchestral], Percussion – David Friedman (tracks: 8)
- Classical Guitar [Nylon String Guitar] – Hugh McCracken (tracks: 6, 8)
- Concertmaster – David Nadien
- Design [Cover] – John Berg
- Drums – Liberty DeVitto
- Electric Guitar – Eric Gale (tracks: 7)
- Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar – Steve Khan
- Engineer – Jim Boyer
- Engineer [Assistant, 5.1 Surround Sound Mix] – Andy Manganello, Brian Vibberts, Jim Caruana
- Engineer [Assistant] – David Martone
- Engineer [Authored For SACD By] – Stephen Saper
- Mixed By [5.1 Surround Sound] – Frank Filipetti
- Orchestrated By [Horn And String] – Robert Freedman (tracks: 2, 8)
- Orchestrated By [Horn] – Dave Grusin (tracks: 7)
- Percussion – Ralph MacDonald (tracks: 6, 7)
- Photography By – Jim Houghton
- Piano, Vocals – Billy Joel
- Producer – Phil Ramone
- Producer [5.1 Surround Sound Mix] – Phil Ramone
- Producer [Production Associate] – Carol Peters, Kathy Kurs
- Recorder [Sopranino] – George Marge (tracks: 6)
- Remastered By [Digitally] – Ted Jensen
- Remastered By [For SACD] – Ted Jensen
- Remix – Jim Boyer, Phil Ramone
- Research [Tape] – Jon Naatjes
- Saxophone, Organ, Clarinet – Richie Cannata
- Songwriter – Billy Joel
- Trumpet – Freddie Hubbard (tracks: 4)
- Vibraphone [Vibes], Marimba – Mike Mainieri (tracks: 4, 6)
- Words By, Music By – Billy Joel
NotesSACD Surround Sound (5.1 Surround Sound) / SACD Stereo
This Disc Is Designed For Use In Super Audio CD Players Only.
© 1978, 1998, 1999 Sony Music Entertainment Inc. / ℗ 1978 Sony Music Entertainment Inc.
All songs © 1978 Impulsive Music (ASCAP).
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5099749118560
|FC 35609, 35609||Billy Joel||52nd Street (LP, Album, Ter)||Columbia, Columbia, Family Productions||FC 35609, 35609||US||1978|
|CK 52858||Billy Joel||52nd Street (CD, Album, Ltd, RE, RM, Gol)||Columbia, Legacy||CK 52858||US||1992|
|MFSL 2-384||Billy Joel||52nd Street (2xLP, Album, Ltd, Num, RM)||Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab||MFSL 2-384||US||2013|
|32693||Billy Joel||52nd Street (LP, Album, RE)||CBS||32693||Spain||1985|
|CSCS 6063||Billy Joel||52nd Street (CD, Album, RE)||CBS/Sony||CSCS 6063||Japan||1990|